Saturday, June 25, 2011

stained glass pains...

Well... I am still working on this piece.  In the past, when I have hit a block, or had problems with a piece, I would usually put it aside for a few days (weeks, months.. ) and then come back to it when I felt new inspiration for it.   But this piece has me acting like a dog with a new bone.  I just can't put it down. 
I came up with what I think will be a great focal for the bracelet.... but actually creating it has become a challenge.  I first attempted to just stitch it as a break in/ part of the peyote band... not much luck with that.  Then I made a couple of attempts to stitch it as a separate piece and later attach to the band.  Not much luck doing it in peyote, but got the shape and size i wanted when I did it in brick stitch.  Unfortunately, I wasn't as successful in attaching it.  At least I wasn't happy with the result.  Mom was here the other day and said it looked fine... but she likes almost everything I make (moms are like that :) ).  So that last attempt has been broken down... and I'm back to the drawing board.  I spent some time this evening on my laptop working out a pattern to continue from the original peyote band.  My first attempts at this were done free hand, then from just a rough sketch, and that was probably why I couldn't get it to work.   I have a good feeling, this will be the right way to complete it.  I am looking forward to see if it turns out as good in actuality, as it looks in my head. 
oh.. and if this doesn't work... I'll breakdown and tell you what I'm trying to create and let you experts come up with a solution!  :)   With any luck.. I will have photos of the final piece by the end of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. HI:-)
    Create spontaneously! :-)
    The longer You think about the design and try hundreds of versions,the longer Your project is unfinished!
    Bead casually!-hahahaha:-)
    Then,observe the effect,that may surprise You.It really works!
    Happy Beading to You!
    Best Grteets-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up you'll get it and it will be beautiful.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete