Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jamberrysongs' Challenge - Mystery by Indigo Girls

really enjoyed this challenge - creating from a piece of music.   I often create by how something makes my feel based on what I've seen.  So I went with that.. and listened to the song several times.. as just background music, following along with the lyrics, sitting back with my eyes closed and really just feeling the notes... 
What I came away with, is life changes, but there are always bits we keep with us and keep us connected.  So this bracelet is made up of individual dangles... some using the same beads, but all unique. 
The metal of the dangles change... as does our lives.  A sunburst bead used in the clasp promises there is always something new ahead.. another mystery to begin.

lol ... as I am uploading the pics.. I realize I've used dark blue - indigo - beads!!  That hadn't even clicked until now.. :)

I hope you enjoy all the other pieces done in the challange as much as I did participating.
Patty from My Life Under the Bus
Karen from BeadDelirium
Therese fromTherese's Treasures
Judy from Three Red Beads
Jacinta from Jamberrysong's Creations

7 comments:

  1. I love it! The best is the sun charm! I did the same as you listened until I "saw" something in my head! Isn't it funny what creatures of habit we are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I like your bracelet and your interpidtation of the lyric and what they ment to you. Love the colors you used in your piece too and the way they changed slightly to represent change in life's situations.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! I really like how you said that we all took a different journey that began with the same song; that's a fantastic way to look at it. :D I love that you unwittingly used indigo colored beads! That's so awesome. :D This looks like it would sit on the wrist in a really fun way. The design looks hippy-ish, a great look for a concert, right? It also seems like it make a great sound tinkling together. :D Great piece! Thanks so much for taking this journey with us. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...'The metal of the dangles change... as does our lives. A sunburst bead used in the clasp promises there is always something new ahead.. another mystery to begin'...

    So nice and true...
    I really love the bracelet.
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone for all the nice comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I interesting to read everyone's thought process behind creating from music. Yours is the third I've visited and it's funny to see that you have all gone for vaguely similar colour palettes despite all working in different styles! Lovely bracelet, looks like it would have great movement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life changes but there are always bits we keep with us...

    Incredible design! I love the above saying it's so true and your bracelet captures it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete