Thursday, June 16, 2011

my bead stash!

First off... anyone who really knows me, knows what a pack rat I am.   I recently fostered a rescue greyhound overnight.  It went well, she got along fine with my grey, Daisy.  But.. I very soon realized if I want to foster again, especially for more than one night, I need to do some serious de-clutter in my livingroom.  So... I had a couple friends help out - cleaning, decluttering, and most important.. keeping me focused!  Now I realize I had beads stashed here and there.. but I'm almost embarassed to admit, I found some I had completely forgotten about!  On the other hand, it has been fun the last couple days going thru some of the bags - feel like a little kid at Christmas!!  Also found that package of gold-plated fishhook earwires I knew I had!
So many beads, so many ideas... where to start!   Think I'll just close my eyes... and grab a random pack, and start to play  :)

5 comments:

  1. HELLO:-)
    I such a situation I usually sit down in that mess around,look at in with unconscious eyes and...do nothing at all :-)
    But afterwards I decide to sort out and many times I also find things,I'd have never been looking for.This is the 'profit' :-)
    Finding 'new-old beads' - means new beading projects.Random is a good idea-it can be even fine experiment.I guess-nobody has done so far:-)
    So...start-choose & 'play'!
    HAPPY BEADING TO YOU! :-)
    GREETS-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Halinka. I wanted to say thanks for your kind words. You are very talented and I really like your work. I have not been able to post a comment on your blog.. so I hope you see this! (tried under google account, but it just keeps taking me back to sign-in page when i try to post)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Karen:-)
    I've realised Your tries in my counter.That repeated also previously.I had the same problems,but not have any more.
    This is not the fault of Blogger this time,but the case lays deeply in The Microsoft.When they make updates to the 'Internet Explorer',sometimes the new drivers fall into the interaction with the old ones.This is an old computer rule:-*the old can get into the new one,but not oppose*,which should be respected.I am seriously afraid,it can last long,but there are two solutions to this problem:
    1.To change the Blogger's option into 'pop-out windows',which I do not like,for I cannot see the comments under the text.
    2.to CHANGE THE BROWSER,into the 'Firefox',or the 'Google Chrome'-which I recommend-the problem should vanish entirely.
    My husband and I have discovered about 60 points of the Microsoft's faults,but we will not point it out to them,as we are not paid 'billions' for that!We have only put forward that case in an e-mail to them.We'll se,what the results will be.
    Thank You for the sweet response:-)
    Happy beading-once again:-)
    Waiting for Your visits and comments-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen,
    I love it when I'm looking for something and I come across an item that I knew I had but could not find. A solution to your problem of not being able to leave a comment maybe as simple of unchecking the keep me signed in box where you sign into Blogger, it worked for me.

    Happy creating with your new but old finds!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's wonderful you're doing so much for the poor dogs. Bead finds are great, too, because it's like suddenly getting new stuff to work with! That can be a truly inspiring experience. :D

    ReplyDelete