Saturday, July 23, 2011

still hanging around

Hello all,
I haven't been on here in a while, but have been keeping busy.  I have another foster, Heddy.  She is a greyhound / irish wolfhoung cross... like a shaggy greyhound, and has the most adorable face.  She is definately camera shy, so I don't have any pics of her.  She is very timid.  She is about 10-11yrs , was a brood mom, and was rescued from a bad situation.  I have been spending as much time as possible with her, helping her to come out of her shell.  For the first few days, she was hiding in the upstairs back bedroom.  In the last couple days, she has started spending more time closer to Daisy and I.  (both currently asleep on the flr beside my chair)  Now she will even take a treat from my hand. =)
Found out yesterday, an adoption is pending for her... she gets her forever home!  I am so happy for her, but will really miss her.  I'm getting quite attached to her... she is so shy and sweet.  I will have her for another week or so, and then her new mom will pick her up.
But, even spending time with the pups, I still managed to make a few new items.  I made a pair of earring for a long-time friend.. and she loved them.  Used shades of purple Swar crystals, and a charm with "karma" stamped on it.  She really believes in karma, so when I saw the charms, I just knew I had to get them for her.    (And she brought ice cream when she stopped by the day I gave them to her... definately good karma)
I've also done a couple memory wire bracelets; first one blue bumpy glass beads with silver, the second one a soft brown stone, aragon, with gold accents.  Then the other afternoon, I had some green crackle glass that wanted to be a necklace... so I obliged, and it worked out quite well! 
I still haven't found my bag of buttons, to finish the stained glass bracelet.  I also have my first dutch spiral piece that needs some finishing touches.. clasp, loose threads, etc. 


2 comments:

  1. HI,KARIN-once again:-)
    I was just about to miss Your lovely beadwork here,writing about dogs! :-)
    I like those wired ones-on the 'metal with memory'. Both are very beautiful.
    The necklace is very delicate.I the love green best:-)
    Warm Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great that you are able to get Heddy to come out of her shell, I just hope that her forever home will not set her back too much. Those are really cute bracelets and I really like the necklace, the gun metal chain goes good with the green beads.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete