Friday, May 20, 2011

Zoe's collar

Do you ever have that one piece, that for whatever reason, you are just not that happy with, and it is hard to actually get it completed?  I really enjoy doing peyote stitch pieces, except for Zoe's collar.  I started it last fall, then it got put aside and misplaced. I have recently found it and really need to get it completed. 
I think the issue with this piece is the actual beads I am using.  I purchased the beads for it at a LBS when I was on vacation, and am sure they are czech left overs (now know why the price was so good).  I tried culling, but was left with not enough of any one size/shape.  The problem is not the hole in these beads, it's the size and shape.  Some are wide and flat, some tall and narrow, some tall and wide, etc.  I considered just scraping it and redoing it with new beads.... but....   when I started it, my neices got to pick out flower colors, and 'helped' me work on it while I was visiting.  I'm not sure if they would even notice if it was a different collar, but I would know it was not the collar they had a hand in making.  (and Zoe is their dog!)
I feel guilty if I work on another piece, knowing this is still unfinished.  It is getting closer to being done, as I have set myself a deadline.  I have to have it completed by the end of the May long weekend.  I know I will definitely be happy when it is finally done.   I guess that is enough stalling for today.. lol

2 comments:

  1. I like the collar the uneven beads give it character and I'm sure Zoe will love it all the same ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Therese.. I keep telling myself once it is complete, two young ladies and their dog will be happy... and I can move onto other projects without guilt!

    ReplyDelete